You are here: Immigration Home Page > UK Immigration > Training & Work Experience Scheme (TWES)
About Us  |  Contact Us

Training and Work Experience Scheme - TWES

This scheme exists not for a company to benefit from the employee, where a work permit will be required, but for people and companies from overseas to benefit from skills gained and training facilities available in the UK.

Training Permits

The idea behind Training permits is that overseas people can receive training not available to them in their homeland but of use to them there. A recognised professional qualification or occupational skill should result from such training.

The trainee will need to be aged between 18 and 54 years, have the relevant educational or professional qualifications and work a minimum of 30 hours per week.

You, the employer / trainer, must provide proof that you can deliver this training, including any registrations you may need in so doing, provide suitable remuneration for the trainee and details of the the course and it's duration.

In general, after the 3 year permit expires, trainees must not move from a training permit to a work permit and should spend time outside the UK prior to such a Work Permit application. As with work permits, you, the employer, makes the application.

Work Experience Scheme

This is very similar to the above scheme but for the 1 or possibly 2 year permit period rather than 3 years and the age range of 18 to 35 years against 18 to 54 years.

There may be some leniency where a work experience candidate is swapping with a UK candidate or is already working for the same company overseas.

UK Immigration

Immigration Assessments
UK Tier 1 Highly Skilled Visa
Australia Skilled Worker Visa
Canada Skilled Worker Visa

Immigration Guides
Skilled Independent Migration
Business Migration and Visas
Work Permits and Work Visas
Family and Dependent Visas
Intra-Company Transfers
Working Holiday Visas
Online Migration Services

Try our free online migration assessments
Try our online application services
Useful Links
Immigration News
Language Translation
Currency Converter
Flights and Travel
Link to Us
The work permit, immigration and other information contained on this web site does not constitute advice
and SkillClear hold no responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of such information contained therein.
Terms and Conditions of Business | Contact Us | Careers with SkillClear | Site Map | Link to Us

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional